Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cross-Country Skiing

We didn't get the 12 to 24 inches of snow predicted yesterday but we did get a good 8-10 inches of new snow. Last weekend I found out about some local cross country ski trails that are groomed and free to use. Best of all they are only 5 minutes down the road. This afternoon I enjoyed an hour skiing exploring the trails. It was so beautiful out with the blue sky and fresh snow and so I brought my camera along. I stopped often to take photos. Here are some of the best views from the trail.

I caught a glimpse of this farm through the trees and backed up to take this shot.
Then I skied a little further and found a better view.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Sounds like you had a really nice time in the snow. The sky and snow were beautiful.

meemsnyc said...

I've never been cross country skiing but it looks like fun!

Nourishing Words said...

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. I've been so caught up in grumbling about endless shoveling lately that I've had a hard time just pausing to appreciate how beautiful it all is. Glad to see you're enjoying it!
Eleanor