Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seeds Arrived!

Finally this week my seed order arrived. Because I ordered them from Fedco through my local Coop, they were put in as a bulk order towards the end of January. I went to pick the seeds up on Monday. Unfortunately the later order date meant I didn't get any Fortex pole beans nor any Paprika pepper seeds. I guess those will have to wait for next year. The Coop order is nice because of the discount. However, next year I'll put in an early order for anything that is limited and for my onions and peppers which I want to have early.

As soon as I got home, I laid them out and sorted them into my seed box. Then I planted the 2 varieties of peppers that came, along with the onions. Last week I'd started the peppers I hand on hand, as well as my leeks. Some of the peppers are sprouting already!

3 comments:

meemsnyc said...

What a nice haul of seeds! Awesome!

Robin said...

Yippee. It's so exciting when seeds arrive.

Michelle Steiner said...

I got most of my seeds yesterday, but of course, the rains hit today. I may start some in trays and work out on the front porch today.